A Guest Post by: Jeff Reed
Let’s face it: this is an exceptionally rough climate to field any type of employment. Well, the type of employment sure to earn the respect of your family and friends, and yourself. The latest incarnation of world miracle, however, can seriously ease your quest to land the job. That’s right – your very own iPhone offers manifold applications to sniff out cutting-edge resources and opportunities that will help you succeed. Play with these ten suggested apps before you next pound the pavement:
- Career Bliss: Wished you could have one forum in which to fling through dozens of companies, their reviews, and their salary offerings? We introduce you to Bliss, which boasts authentic company critiques from real-life employees.
- CraigSelect: Of the several Craigslist applications available, CraigSelect stands out for its user-friendly GPS component that facilitates your journey to any location or appointment made via Craigslist.
- Good Job: This application does a great job of organizing every single task, interview, appointment, or what have you – for you! The unemployed can utilize the program to keep track of their searches and hopefully snag a position that lives up to Good Job’s name.
- Interview Buzz Lite: Don’t bite your nails before interviewing! Chew instead on the reams of job-appropriate interview questions that this application fires to you, to help you nail it.
- Job Compass: Too tired, too bummed, too jaded to go on even one more job search outside? Enter Job Compass, who accomplishes the task for you with a vigorous local job search engine.
- Job Street: Those on the hunt for positions in Southeast Asia need look no further than this streetwise, regionally-focused app.
- LinkedIn: What has been hailed as the Facebook for professionals is now only a tap or two away. Survey the details of any colleague or client through the nifty phone application.
- Monster.com: The award-winning, career-building phenomenon website now goes local to your iPhone; use everything you appreciate about Monster on the go and at your convenience.
- Now Hiring: This application advertises its international focus in addition to stateside searches, promoting job opportunities for you anywhere from the UK, India, and so many locales in between.
- Toodledoo: Arguably the most important application of this list! Toodledoo lets you customize your interactions with your tasks and job searches to the nth degree, and the “Hotlist” function prioritizes what needs your focus at this very moment.