There’s no doubt that the global pandemic has been challenging in many unexpected ways. Depending on what industry you were working in beforehand, you may have had to change careers entirely.
Just in time for National Women’s Small Business Month, leading eCommerce platform eBay has put together a comprehensive report and infographic on how eCommerce has helped fuel the start and growth of women led eCommerce businesses throughout the United States.
Let’s break down some of the report findings by the numbers:
- 82% of women began or increased selling on eBay during the pandemic did so because of a hardship
In the first six months of the pandemic:
- 34% growth in US small businesses
- 38% sales increase in US based eBay enabled small businesses
- 69% of women sellers say selling on eBay was a benefit during the pandemic
More specifically, the benefits they cited:
- 74% flexibility of working from home
- 73% income / revenue for their household or business
- 50%+ being their own boss
Learn more about the eCommerce industry trends in America courtesy of the following visual deep dive below: