Every website owner wants to draw more people to use their site or get more visitors or traffic. However, with millions of similar niche websites in search engines, like Google, it’s a real challenge to stand out among the rest and get noticed from the piles of search results.
Whether you’re into e-commerce or promoting a brick and mortar store, getting more traffic means more potential customers and higher sales or profits for your business. That is why it’s important to know how to increase your website traffic and find effective ways to maintain it. And, that’s what this article is all about.
1. Link Building: Gain More Authority Bridge
Link building is a search engine optimization (SEO) tactic. It involves the process of linking one web page to your website and vice versa by embedding target links to anchor texts or relevant keywords on your website.
But, what is search engine optimization or SEO? It’s a long-term and constant process of optimizing a website and its web pages using commonly searched words or phrases and links to increase visibility in search engine results, and draw more organic or unpaid traffic to the website. In SEO, keyword research and link building play a crucial role in attaining a successful web presence.
There are many link building strategies you can use to signal Google and other search engines that your website is a trusted, high-quality online resource that is worthy of citation. Link building bridges any information gap, giving your visitors additional helpful information from credible sources, as well as direct them to consider using your products and services.
Here are some examples of external (from other websites) link building strategies:
- Quora Link Building: It’s a great question and answer platform to link your keywords to your blog site’s anchored content. Make sure to provide detailed answers to relevant questions and avoid spam.
- YouTube Video Tutorials: If you want to drive free organic website traffic, consider using the world’s second most popular search engine and gain exposure by uploading useful helpful videos. It will add more value to your content by linking your videos to your website content.
- LinkedIn Publishing: Publishing a high-quality, relevant, and unique post on LinkedIn can help deliver an immense amount of value to your visitors by linking that content to your blog’s anchor content. By doing so, it will help you gain authority bridge, linking your blogs or articles to an authority website.
2. Social Media: Actionable Tactics To Make Connections
In 2019, there are about 4.388 billion Internet users worldwide, and 3.484 billion are social media users. Using social media as an avenue to implement actionable tactics to connect with customers is very effective.
By implementing effective social media strategies, you can draw more traffic to your website. There are many ways you can accomplish this goal, such as the following:
- Posting User-generated Content: User-generated content or UGC is any content form, such as text, image, audio, or video, posted by users on social media and other online platforms. People tend to have a higher level of trust for recommendations provided by their family and friends on social media, thus take advantage of this fact so prospective customers would go to your website or online store and buy your products or avail of your services.
- Strategic Targeting: Run promotional campaigns through paid social media ads to your target audience.
- Working With Influencers: Influencers are personalities with hundreds of thousands (or millions) of social media followers. You may collaborate with them to reach and connect to your target audience. Influencers can help encourage people to visit your website and check out and purchase your offerings.
3. Mobile Technology: Activate Your Mobility Solutions
If you’re serious about driving more traffic to your website, it’s high time to make it more mobile-friendly. Google’s Page Insights Tool can be used to check your mobile layout’s friendliness if it conforms to the guidelines.
Check these helpful ways to generate more mobile traffic:
- Don’t Post Interstitial Ads: These ads block mobile online visitors from seeing or reading your content whenever they land on your web page. These types are perceived as intrusive pop-up ads that can potentially cause harm to your search engine rankings.
- Be Visible In Local Directories: Your business and website should be visible on Google My Business, Yellow Pages, Bing Places for Business, and Yelp. Add your contact information, store, or business hours, and a relevant link to your site. Whenever online shoppers search for your business contact information using their mobile devices, they’ll easily and quickly see it.
- Use Multiple Calls-to-action: Mobile page content needs more scrolling, so include multiple CTAs to your content to drive more clicks to your web pages and boost your conversions.
- Offer Flexible Payment Options: Mobile users should be given flexible payment options when shopping online, such as credit or debit cards, PayPal, and Payoneer, to keep them from abandoning their shopping carts.
4. Web Design Strategies: Improve User Experience And Gain More Traffic
It’s not too late to assess your web design even if you already have an existing website. You can improve and update it to improve user experience and drive more traffic to your website. Improving your website means improving its usability or function.
Here are some ways to help improve your website:
- Use White Space: It’s also called negative space in web design. This refers to empty sections of your website, which promotes balance, making it look clean and professional.
- Optimize Your Speed: Making your website load fast can retain more users because they tend to get answers fast and avoid waiting.
- Use Images Wisely: Make sure to use unique photos, preferably professionally taken, to improve user experience and drive your website’s curb appeal.
You can drive more traffic to your website by identifying what strategies work for your business. If you want to gain unpaid or organic traffic that can benefit you in the long run, then search engine optimization through link building strategies is highly recommended.
On the other hand, you can gain more traffic and get quick results with paid ads through social media, and connect and engage with your target audience at the same time. Of course, always make sure that your website is mobile-friendly, too, because more and more people are using smartphones and other mobile devices to shop or do business online.